Remains of the Fifth century church constructed in the courtyard of Hadrian's library.
According to one theory, it was constructed by Herakleios, praetorian prefect of Illyricum (409-412), and according to the other, by Eudocia (Athenais), wife of the emperor Theodosius II between 425-430.
This church was destroyed at around the end of the sixth century. Later in the seventh century, at the site a three-nave basilica was constructed. And in the 12th century, a single nave basilica called Megali Panagia was built. This last suffered a fire and demolished in 1885.