In the photo above is the building called "Guest House (Xenonas). It is so called, because it used to be the quarter for the visitors. In the photo below is the church attached to it.
On the iconostasis (the screen that divided the area for the priest(s) who perform the rite, and the one for the other people who participate at the mess; here it is made of wood), to the right (right to the ikon of Jesus Christ), there is the miraculous icon of Mary the Mother of God.
In the photo left are the vestments of the priests, housed in the Guest House.
In this place housed also were the relics (holy remains of the saints). In the photo below is the excavation conducted at the east side of the Katholikon.
In the photo left are the ruins of the building just outside the wall of the Néa Moní. The monastery was devasted by the massacre of 1822 and the earthquake of 1881. In the former period, there was a lot of people living inside and outside the monastery.